WA3RNC 40 Meter Crystalplexer "Quick-Kit"
40 Meter QRP Transmitter “Quick-Kit”
The Penntek Instruments 40 Meter Crystalplexer is a low power crystal controlled QRP transmitter offering a significantly improved tuning range when compared to the usual crystal controlled unit. A fundamental 7 MHz crystal in VXO circuit might be able to be “pulled” just a few hundred Hertz. That’s better than no tuning range at all, but is still very confining in terms of frequency coverage. The tuning range of the Crystalplexer is greater than 25 kHz! No more endless CQ’s on your fixed crystal frequency. Stability is excellent because crystal control is maintained. Power output is adjustable from less than 1 to more than 3 watts. T/R switching permits QSK operation. The board is supplied with 56 SMT parts already installed. You add another 27 parts, and you’re done. It’s really a quick build! This transmitter meets the current FCC requirements for spectral purity with harmonics and spurs at -55dBc.
- Builds in just a few hours, not a weekend
- Crystalplexer circuit covers about 25 kHz, 7.023 -7.058 kHz
- Maintains crystal control stability
- Adjustable output power level, 1 to 3 watts
- Built in T/R switch allows for QSK operation with any receiver
- "Spot" function to adjust to receive frequency without QRM
- Operates on 12 to 14 volt supply or battery
- Reverse polarity protection
- Harmonics and spurs exceed FCC specs at -49dBc (Fig 2)
- PC board supplied with 56 SMT components machine mounted
- Board with SMT parts completely tested with bed-of- nails fixture
- Builder mounts just 28 parts, and you’re done
To access the schematic for the WA3RNC 40 Meter QRP CrystalPlexer Transmitter, please click here.
You can access the assembly instructions by clicking this link.